Last Updated May 18, 2018
Appalachian Insulation Supply, Inc. and affiliates value you as our customer and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Appalachian Insulation Supply, Inc. and affiliates (collectively, “AIS”) concerning data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including ais1.us and other websites owned or controlled by AIS (collectively, the “Websites”)
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit one of our properties, or through other offline interactions
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, device location, transaction information, credit card information, and date of birth) when you:
- Make a purchase on our Website
- Return an item or make an exchange
- Inquire about our services
- Request a catalog
- Create an account at ais1.us
- Sign up for Appalachian email updates
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database.
Using Information We Collect
Appalachian always wants to provide you with the best possible transaction experience and to fulfill your orders exactly as you’ve requested. To do this, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process and track your order
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe may be of interest to you
- Send you Appalachian email updates
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
Appalachian does not share your information.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to any agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
Your Choices about Communication from Appalachian
We offer choices regarding the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive updates from Appalachian or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please visit the My Account section of www.ais1.us or contact us at the address shown below. You may unsubscribe from our email updates using the link provided in each edition of the email.
If you do not wish to receive other communications from us, such as email, please contact us at:
- Appalachian Insulation Supply, Inc.
- 22 Black Hawk Lane
- Elizabethtown, PA 17022
- Toll Free – (877) 944-7697
- Toll Free Fax – (800) 251-1498)
So that we can be sure to identify you correctly, please be sure to provide us your exact name and address. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If due to human error you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again, and we will make every effort to correct the situation.
A cookie is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our Web site. They also allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience, so the information you receive is more relevant to you.
- Remember what items are in your Shopping Bag
- Recognize you when you return to our Web site
- Enables faster checkout, if you have created an account at ais1.us
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, we will email you as necessary to process your order, respond to a request or provide customer service. For example, after you place an order at ais1.us, you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with package tracking information. Recipients of our email gift cards will receive an email notifying them of the gift and instructing them how to redeem it.
We may also send promotional emails about products, special offers, services or events we believe may be of interest to you. It is our intent to send promotional emails only to those who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in each email and within the My Account section of ais1.us and at the bottom of all Appalachian emails.
Links to Other Sites
Occasionally we provide links on our Web site to other sites to enhance the functionality and shopping experience. These sites operate independently of ais1.us and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
To update your customer information (name, address, telephone number and email address), please contact us at the address above. To protect your privacy, we will need to validate your identity before you update or review your information. You can exercise your right to access, correct, delete, oppose and/or limit the treatment and transfer of your information by sending a written message to Appalachian Insulation Supply, Inc., 22 Black Hawk Lane, Elizabethtown PA 17022, or via email to Our Email. << Click Link to open email application – Please type ‘Data Protection’ in the subject line before sending.
Privacy of Children on Our Web Site
Our Web site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Quality Assurance for Customer Service Interactions
To make sure we continue to offer the best service possible, your communication with Customer Service may be monitored for quality assurance.
The EU General Data Protection