JM Formaldehyde-free™ Cavity-SHIELD™ fiberglass batts are made of long, resilient glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin. A wide range of thicknesses are available to provide NFPA 13 compliant passive fire protection in lieu of sprinklers for horizontal floor-ceiling cavities. Cavity-SHIELD fiberglass batts are available unfaced.USECavity-SHIELD fiberglass batts are noncombustible insulation for use in multifamily construction in the concealed spaces between floors. It eliminates the need for sprinklers in the concealed space, per NFPA 13.
New Construction: multi-level wood frame floor construction for passive fire protection and sound control.
Cavity-SHIELD fiberglass batts are easy to cut with an ordinary utility knife and are easily installed between joists in standard framing by simply pressing into place. Wire can be used for additional support, if needed.
JM insulation is compression-packaged for savings in storage and freight costs.
Cavity-SHIELD fiberglass batts meet ASTM E136 for noncombustibility to provide a NFPA 13 compliant insulation for use in concealed spaces, between floors, within multifamily housing. It eliminates the need for sprinklers in this area, while meeting code to provide passive fire protection.
Check your local building codes for additional requirements.
Refer to JM guide specifications for further design considerations and required installation instructions.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
Check applicable building codes.
- Noncombustible: ASTM E 136, NFPA 13 Section 18.104.22.168.7 compliant
- Simple Installation: no special equipment required
- Cost-effective: economical alternative to blow-in insulation
- Formaldehyde-free: will not off-gas formaldehyde in the indoor environment
- Sound Control: reduces transmission of sound through floor or ceiling assemblies
- Fire Resistant: Flame Spread of 25 or less and Smoke Developed of 50 or less (ASTM E84), Class A1
- Durable Inorganic Glass: will not rot, mildew or deteriorate and is noncorrosive to pipes, wiring and sheet metal ducts